Hernando County Fine Arts Council announces its 2019 Community Arts Grants recipients. The Council’s grant program provides grants up to $500 each for local groups and non-profits to promote all the creative arts and art appreciation in Hernando County.
Recipients and their projects for this year are as follows:
· Boys and Girls Club of Hernando County, “My Art History Scrapbook”
· City of Brooksville Uptown Gallery, “Uptown Gallery Hooked on Art”
· Hernando County eSchool, “Hernando eSchool 2nd Annual Art Show”
· Hernando County Public Library System, “Art Attack”
· Hernando Youth Orchestra, “HYO 2019”
· Live Oak Theater, “2018-2019 Season of Performances”
· Stir Up The Gift, “Student Talent Development”
· Suncoast Harmony Chorus of Sweet Adelines, “Bringing Awareness of Women’s A Capella Music to Hernando County”
· Temple Beth David Jewish Center, “Nature Coast Art Show”
Beth Putnam, Community Arts Grant Program Coordinator for the Council, said, "These local groups are keeping the arts alive in so many different ways. We are proud to support groups who help make Hernando County a more vibrant art community."
Grantees were selected at the Council’s December 13, 2018 meeting. Grant projects will run through the end of 2019. In the last two years, the grant-funded projects involved more than 15,000 people in the arts in Hernando County. More information about the grant program can be found on the Council’s website at HernandoArts.org.
The Hernando County Fine Arts Council was created in 1987 by the Board of County Commissioners to encourage, promote, and support all the creative arts in Hernando County and provide a means to showcase the arts.
(Back Row) L-R Vince Vanni, Live Oak Theatre; Melinda Crandle, Stir Up the Gift Talent Organization, Kimetta Ortiz, Luciana Calascione, and Andy Fotopoulos, Hernando eSchool; John St. John, Hernando Youth Orchestra; LeAnne Lesmeister, Boys & Girls Club of Hernando County; Sheryl Fell, Hernando Public Library (Front row) L-R Beth Putnam, Community Arts Grant Program Coordinator; Judith McIntire, Uptown Art Gallery at Brooksville City Hall; Marlene Shaw, Temple Beth David; Barbara Karpay, Suncoast Harmony Chorus, Sweet Adelines
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1265 Brooksville, FL 34605
Hernando County Arts Council is a 501c (3) organization. All contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
The Hernando County Fine Arts Council Meetings
are held the second Thursday of each month at 5:30 PM at
Brooksville City Hall,
City Council Chambers,
201 Howell Avenue
Brooksville, FL 34601
Funds for HCFAC projects and grants are generated by sales of "Florida - State of the Arts" license plates. You can help all of Hernando's organizations by purchasing this special plate for your car or truck.